Human civilization has always depended heavily on communication. However, the means of communication were constantly evolving. Email has grown in importance as a means of communication in this highly technological age. To communicate with customers and potential clients, the majority of firms, businesses, and professional organizations use email.
Email is another effective and dependable marketing strategy. However, it has commonly noted that it is not being utilised to its greatest potential. Using all of the components of an email can produce the best results. While only the subject and email content are given significant attention, the email signatures are frequently overlooked while marketing.
What is Email signature and Why has it been talked about so much ?
Just like a distinct signature on a paper is your identity and represents you. Similarly, an email signature can be explained as a digital signature that represents you and your brand or any business and corporation.
An email signature is an important element of email marketing and shouldn’t be overlooked. It shares important details about your brand in written and graphic medium.
A well designed email signature draws attention of recipients and helps in conversions. Moreover, an email signature has a myriad of other uses. It carries links to your website, social media accounts and to other important sources. This way it redirects recipients and helps you gain digital visibility. Email signatures can be used to advertise promotions and offers. A customized email signature can be used to promote events or any announcements.
These Stats Report About Email Says that,
- 4.2 billion people use email everyday. Whereas, only 3.5 billion people are on social media.
- 306 billion emails are sent everyday and 45% of the email market is owned by Gmail.
- Almost 99% of people who use email check their email daily and some people over 20 times in a day.
- An average person receives 128 mails everyday, that’s around 1 mail every 12 minutes.
- A report by IBM shows that the rate of mobile email open has taken over desktop usage. Global website traffic generated from mobile is almost 55%.
- A Salecycle stats report for 2022 shows that 50% of people end up buying from marketing emails at least once a month.
Few Things We Can Deduce From The Above Statistics Are,
- Undoubtedly, emails are one of the most used digital instruments.
- Email marketing works in one’s advantage if strategized well.
- People must have a very short attention span for emails if they receive more than 100 a day. Implies that an email has to be designed well to catch people’s attention, this is when an email signature sweeps in.
- Your email signatures must have links attached to icons that take the audience to your website or social media sites.
- Most people use mobile to check emails, therefore your email signature design must be optimized and designed accordingly.
Let’s look at these stunning email signature designs and email signature templates and read the design features to draw inspiration for your Email signature design.
1. Email Signature With Sales Offers
This is a brilliant marketing strategy. This is a fantastic method to entice readers to visit the website right away and learn more about the product/service. Additionally, it makes for a stylish email signature.
- Make sure to mention all important details a potential client needs to know about the product/service.
2. Animation in your email signature
While it can be a great idea to include animations or gifs to catch recipients’ attention, this feature frequently backfires. Gifs and other animations can take forever to load when opening emails on a mobile device with a limited data plan, defeating the purpose of using them. although, it functions well when opening emails on a desktop.
- The ideal option would be to stick with static pictures solely as we currently have statistics showing that mobile email opens dominate desktop opens.
3. Showcase your style statement
If you are a creative personnel yourself, you should shoot for this kind of email signature design. You shouldn’t miss out on any chance to display your talent. Add a signature style design on your email signature followed by a link and overview of your portfolio.
- Remember not to get lost in flow and fill the entire space turning your email signature into an art gallery.
4. Greetings In Your Email Signature
You can tweak your email signature design while sending them during festivals or holidays. This extra step gives a personal touch to your design and can work wonders for you. Many clients like such minute details.
- Corporations and businesses adding greetings and good wishes send good messages in public and build trust.
5. One That Draws The Client To Take Desired Action
Adding distinct buttons in your Email signature is a brilliant way to make your client take the desired action. Sometimes a very simple button design works wonders.
Below is an excellent example where one can add button design to provide an option to join a virtual zoom meeting along with an option to schedule an in person metre, whatever client prefers.
- Chalk out the buttons you would want to add in your email signature and bring them down to two most important ones, relevant to your business and profession.
- Too many buttons might confuse the recipients.
6. Design elements to focus on
It shouldn’t be ignored that the purpose of your email signature is to attract recipients attention and hence necessary importance must be given to the design elements that will highlight your email signature and make your brand stand out.
- Colour Palette
Sticking to a small number of colours is a popular rule of thumb when designing. Choosing conflicting colours is more likely when you choose a wide palette and your design may become overly busy and distracting as a result. Therefore, you may maintain your design’s effectiveness and aesthetic appeal by keeping your color palette limited. A subtle and sophisticated look goes a long way.
People use too many typefaces because they feel the need to emphasise particular titles and bits of information, so they add a new font to the mix. But using a more adaptable typeface is a simple way to get over this obstacle.
Instead of switching to a new font entirely, find a straightforward typeface with a few different weight and style options, and just change your type’s size, weight, and/or colour as needed.
8. Branding Logo
Make your email signature flaunt that branding logo of yours. Your logo design free is an essential part of your business’s identity, don’t forget to add it. Your logo will help the recipient identify your email signature and brand.
Although people often overdo while they are in the designing spree, remember to be subtle and stick to your original logo.
9. Simple Graphics
Minimalistic and clean design can be very attractive and draws attention to the important details. Avoid a cluttered design and use your spacing well. Use the white space well, it can often be eye catching.
10. Audio-Visual Experience
This is another marketing idea one can tag with email signatures. Adding a button that directs the audience to your Youtbe channel is a brilliant idea. To the right recipient it’ll yield great results. Video links are often compelling and potential clients check out your work.
I hope the article has helped you have clarity on different types of email signature designs and the one you can incorporate in your email signature.
There are a number of email design making tools available on the internet. You can take the help of those web tools and use the templates they provide to ease the process.